Sunday, November 14, 2004

John Grisham is one of my favorite authors. O.k., I know that his books do not have any literary value, so what? They ( I read 15 of the 18 books that I know he wrote ) have provided me with many hours of wonderful entertainment, especially during the loneliest of shifts and breaks while doing my reserve duty somewhere in the desert, or during airplane or train journeys. Mr Grisham is a great story teller, whether he writes about Southern court rooms or about non-legal subjects. A little more than a week ago I read his Skipping Christmas, which - though a bit disappointing, especially towards the end - is funny and entertaining. Of course, it was made into a movie , which - as I just discovered through an advert which popped up while I checked my Yahoo! mail account - will come out next week in the US, around Thanksgiving. Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis star as Luther and Nora Krank. Seems like a fun movie, if you are looking for an unpretentious way of spending 90 minutes or so with your boy/girlfriend, husband, wife etc.

No comments: