Monday, April 04, 2005

Recently I wrote an angry posting following an appeal by evangelical Christians asking the state of Israel to ban the World Pride 2005 activities the coming summer in Jerusalem. It is not that I support the very idea of holding a gay and lesbian festival in Jerusalem ( it might be considered a bit provocative ), but the tone of the petition was very threatening and aggressive. Last week a much better phrased appeal - directly to the organizers of World Pride 2005 - was made by seveal leaders of different religions. If I were one of the organizers of the festival I would take it elsewhere, Tel Aviv could be a good alternative I guess.
Still, it is sad that rather than the fight against poverty and other injustices in the region and in the world it takes a gay pride parade to unite the leaders of so many different religions.

No comments: