Tuesday, July 12, 2005

In a posting last Saturday I hinted at a lack of professionalism at the unit of the IDF Spokesperson. On Thursday I sent an e-mail to the webmaster of the unit, pointing out a mistake on the CV of the deputy chief of staff, Major General Moshe Kaplinsky. While I do not know whether or not Mr Kaplinsky's is on good terms with the previous Chief of Staff, Moshe Ya'alon ( who left the army with a lot of resentment and after some very public mud-slinging in the direction of some of his colleagues ), I am sure that he does not want his impressive career achievements to be ascribed to his former boss: "The following is a list of positions Major General Moshe Ya'alon fulfilled during his service in the IDF:...". Until now I have not received any reply from the Spokesperson's unit, and one Moshe still receives the credit for another Moshe's career. It would take less than two minutes to correct the mistake.

No comments: