Monday, July 11, 2005

In today's Ha'Aretz and IHT I did not find anything that I want to write about, so instead I posted an article that I read in Ha'Aretz' Week's End last Friday. It is about quite a unique cooperation between a Jewish Israeli and a Palestinian, who met at an army checkpoint and now together own a restaurant in Montreal. Look how most negative reactions come from local Palestinians ( and Christians and Jews ). Musayed Amla, the Palestinian co-owner, replies: "They didn't grow up under the occupation - they grew up here in wealthy families. They aren't familiar with the situation in the region. How long are we going to keep on killing each other? I've had it. I'm proud to say that I'm a Palestinian, but at the same time it's necessary to say that's it. Enough is enough."

No comments: