Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My wife and I just spent a wonderful 30 hours together. Yesterday morning she was surprised to hear that we were going away for a day. Everything was taken care of, a bag was already packed, our children spent the night at their grandparents' house. We drove up north, to Rosh Pina. There the two of us, both enthusiastic meat-eaters, had lunch at The Black Steer, which was more than o.k. Then we continued to The Cedar House in Korazim, where I had reserved the luxurious honeymoon cabin for the night. It has a jacuzzi and a home cinema system ( i.e. a regular television with an amplifier and surround stereo ). We watched some television, my wife read some copied pages of the latest Harry Potter and solved some sudoku's that I had printed out for her ( from this website ), and I read the first 150 pages of what seems to be a wonderful novel by an author whose work I like very much. We did not get out of our cabin until this morning, when we had a nice country breakfast on the cabin's balcony. Then we left Korazim, and through Tiberias and kibbutz Shaarey HaGolan ( where we briefly visited a distant relative of my wife ) we drove in the direction of Haifa. We had lunch at the best restaurant in Israel that I know ( The Herb Farm, on Mount Gilboa; it has a very rich and varied menu, and offers dishes and combinations that I never thought of but that always turn out to be a pleasant surprise ) and got home about two hours ago.

No comments: