Friday, August 05, 2005

As for the blunders that appear to have led to the terrorist ( still ) having an M16 after being AWOl for more than a month, not being arrested or otherwise stopped etc., I know for myself that the army can be very slack when it comes to dealing with problematic individuals. I remember when I did my basic training there was a young American who right at the beginning, on the day that we were supposed to get our weapon, told our commanding officers that he wanted to see the Kaba'n ( Psychological Health Officer ), because he was under psychiatric treatment - he showed us and our officers relevant documents - and thought he might be unfit to carry a weapon. He was told that he would see the kaba'n later, received a gun like all of us, and that was the end of the story.

No comments: