Thursday, September 22, 2005

I just finished something that I worked on yesterday evening, an addition to the sidebar of my weblog: my musical favorites. Divided into three categories, links were created to some of the composers, artists and bands that I love to listen to. There are many more composers ( Brahms, Bruckner, Prokovjev, Telemann, Haendel, Vivaldi, Mendelssohn, Dvorak, Schubert, Gerschwin, Rachmaninoff, Rossini ), artists ( Pat Metheny, Alanis Morissette, Vangelis, Terence Trent d'Arby, Mercedes Sosa, George Dalaris, Linda Ronstadt, Edith Piaf, Lenny Kravitz, Reinhard Mey, Elton John, Boudewijn de Groot ) and bands ( Alan Parsons Project, Queen, Focus, Oasis, Erasure, Greenday, Camel, Beautiful South, Styx etc.: I mention just the names that I can think of right now ) that I listen to every now and then, but those names that I mention in the sidebar are more equal than the others. I have several CDs of each and every one of them ( except for Jacques Brel: I have only one compilation that contains his best songs in French and Flemish ), and of some of them ( Tracy Chapman, Enya, Clannad, Yves Duteil, Sky, Joop Visser, Loreena McKennit, plus the complete Bach Collection ) I have already ( almost ) all their regular albums.

No comments: