Thursday, November 10, 2005

In case you wondered why Shimon Peres lost in the Labor party primaries, here is part of the answer. Five minutes ago I answered the phone, only to hear a recorded message from Shimon Peres who told me to come and vote before eight o'clock, and not to let chance decide the elections. For more than a week I have received such calls on a daily basis, on Monday evening even twice. For some reason I do not think that urging me one day after the elections to come and vote is very usefull, but it could be that I just do not have enough political experience to understand such matters, of course. Anyway, I voted for Fuad, Binyamin Ben-Eliezer. Originally I wanted to vote for Matan Vilnai, because he seemed to me to be the only one who is not a real politician ( i.e. he appeared to believe in what he says ), but after he left the race I thought that it was a choice between Tweedledum and Tweedledee and I saw no reason not to do my father-in-law a favor by voting for Fuad, especially since the latter took the trouble of personally calling my wife and thanking her for her help in his campaign. I don't know why, but hearing a real person talk on the phone is much less annoying than hearing a recorded message over and over again.

No comments: