Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Only to show you that I do not let Israeli politics depress me, here are two Wizard of Id cartoons that I enjoyed very much. While I am working I have five CDs in my player:
  1. a very-best compilation of the Dutch band Focus ( Jan Akkerman, Thijs van Leer and others, 1960-70s; right now "Sylvia" is playing at a high volume );
  2. "Rhapsody in Blue", an album with music of George Gerschwin, played by the Amsterdam saxophone quartet and the pianist Daniel Wayenberg;
  3. Grieg's Holberg Suite, Melodies and Dances, by Michala Petri ( recorder ) and the English Chamber Orchestra;
  4. Spanish Guitar Music ( Albeniz, Rodrigo, De Falla and other composers ) by John Williams;
  5. The Jazz Album, music of Shostakovich by The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra under the direction of Riccardo Chailly.

No comments: