Sunday, January 15, 2006

The above picture I found on the website of Ha'Aretz. Two Arab youngsters throwing stones at Israeli soldiers? No. That is, those attacked are Israeli soldiers ( and/or maybe Palestinians, I do not know, I wasn't on the spot, thank G'd I have no reason to be there ), but the attackers are Jews, Hebron settlers and/or their sympathizers. If the caption is correct ( who knows, these two might be agents of the General Security Service - Shin Beth/Shabak - or Palestinians posing as settlers :-) ) we are watching "young, masked settlers throwing stones from rooftops in the West Bank city of Hebron on Sunday". I wonder what Albert Memmi, who has written extensively about the relationship(s) between the occupier and the occupied, would say about this picture.

No comments: