Friday, February 24, 2006

During the last couple of days I listened to these CDs:
  1. Prive met uw operasterren ( Opera highlights, a present from the most (in)famous Dutch gossip magazine )
  2. Itzhak Perlman - Concertos from my childhood ( beautiful, very melodious concertos )
  3. Variete d'emotions ( Famous classics, a present from Renault )
  4. Gil Shaham and Jonathan Feldman - Devil's dance ( with beauties such as Bazzini's La Ronde des lutins, William Bolcom's Graceful ghost, and Tartini's 'Devil's trill' sonata )
  5. Olaf Baer and Geoffrey Parsons - Schubert: Lieder

CD nr. 5 I won by naming a musical fragment - Vangelis' Chariots of Fire, if I remember correctly; it was very easy - on a radio show years ago while doing my reserve duty in the army. Normally I do not listen to the radio very often, but where I served a radio was the only entertainment I had. I heard the fragment, called the Voice of Music with my cellphone and heard myself talking on live radio. Several weeks later, I was already back home again, I received the CD in our mailbox.

This morning I put the following albums in my stereo:

  1. Vangelis - 1492
  2. The Best of Jon and Vangelis
  3. The Chieftains - Santiago ( one of the best albums that I know )
  4. and
  5. Edward Elgar: Symphonies 1 & 2 + Pomp and Circumstance Marches ( Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, directed by Yehudi Menuhin )

No comments: