Saturday, February 25, 2006

"Pause in the cartoon war"
In about half an hour we will leave for Tiberias. My parents-in-law are staying in a hotel over there for the weekend, and we are joining them and my brother-in-law and his family for lunch in one of the restaurants right next to the Sea of Galilee. I wanted to write something about Ken Livingstone being suspended for a month as Mayor of London ( a mistake, I think, he should not be turned into a martyr and is not worthy of all the publicity ), about the targeted killings Israel is carrying out against Palestinian terrorists, about the third gold ( and fourth bronze ) medal that was won by a Dutch speed skater at the Winter Olympics, and about the short trip to Holland that I am going to make with our daughter ( to see her grandparents, her uncles and aunts, and in particular her cousins, the two daughters of my sister ) but for lack of time I will only post yet another cartoon about the cartoons, a very good one by Tom Janssen. Shabbat shalom.

No comments: