Saturday, April 15, 2006

I started the long Pesach weekend with the following CDs, all by Loreena McKennit:
  1. Elemental
  2. To Drive the Cold Winter Away
  3. Parallel Dreams
  4. The Visit
  5. The Mask and the Mirror

Then I listened to these albums:

  1. Olivier Messiaen: Quartet for the End of Time & Theme and Variations for violin and piano
  2. and
  3. Various works of Hector Berlioz ( Symphonie fantastique, Le carnaval romain etc. ), performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, directed by Charles Munch
  4. Tchaikovsky: Symphony nr. 4 & Overture 1812
  5. Tchaikovsky: Symphony nr. 6 'Pathetique'

Today I started to listen to four CDs with music composed - and, apart from Stanze, performed - by Ludovico Einaudi. Some of his music I would describe as twanging, but most of it is very melodious and soothing:

  1. Eden Roc
  2. I Giorni
  3. Le Onde
  4. Stanze

No comments: