Yossi Banai z"l was laid to rest yesterday in the cemetery of kibbutz Giv'at HaShlosha. There are at least nine members of the Banai family - a Jerusalem family of Iranian/Persian descent - whom I know ( I do not think I ever saw or heard Ya'akov or Haim Banai perform ) and until yesterday I never was sure what their exact family ties were. Then I found this Wikipedia article, from which the family tree that you see here was taken. Eliyahu Ya'akov Banai had five sons, one of whom was Yosi.
- Ya'acov Banai was an actor, whose son Ehud has built a very impressive career as a singer-songwriter.
- Yosi Banai's son Yuval is also a singer-songwriter, his greatest success he achieved as the frontman of the very popular band Machina. His wife, Orly Zilberschatz-Banai, is a highly successful actress. One of her greatest, also international, successes was her role in a film named Broken Wings.
- Gabry Banai was a member of the legendary HaGashash HaHiver comedy trio. His son, Uri, is an actor and singer. He played in several television series and had one big hit, "Butterflies".
- Yitzhak Banai is ( or was, I do not know ) a judge, he is the only one of the five siblings who did not have a career in the entertainment industry. On the other hand, three of his ( and his wife's ) children have been very succesful artists. Meir and Evyyatar are singer-songwriters, their sister Orna is a comedian.
- Haim Banai is an actor and story teller. PS: Shai ( of Shaister ) wrote an extensive posting about the Banai family.