Monday, June 26, 2006

Dutch goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, who thought he would finish his nr. 113 international match for the Netherlands ( a record ) differently. ( Picture found on Verbaljam ) As much as I pretended not to care about the soccer worldcup, of course every time that Holland played I followed the score online and wanted the Dutch team to win. Yesterday I did not follow the game until the beginning of the first half, because I was working and at the same time following the developments in and around Gaza. Since Holland was beaten 1-0 by Portugal yesterday evening ( with 16 yellow cards, resulting in four red cards ) I can really be indifferent again and stop caring at all for the next two weeks. For those of you who are looking for an alternative team to cheer on, Anglosaxy gives one good reason why England deserves your support.

No comments: