Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yesterday I was surprised to see Finance Minister Hirchsohn make the headlines with his revelation, in a speech at the prestigious Caesarea Forum, that he and his family have been threatened by "unnamed elements" " for a series of economic reforms planned by his ministry ". No details were given, and it all sounds a bit strange, especially because this minister is not one of the most public figures in Israeli politics. Why did he grab the headlines so eagerly with this story? I do not know, but I was surprised again when a few hours later I read an article that claims that money belonging to one of the organizations that Hirchsohn founded within the framework of the March of the Living project might have been used for ( his ) political activities.
Two interesting stories that will be continued, I guess.

No comments: