Monday, June 12, 2006

Yesterday the Mexican soccer team reduced the chances of the German government being forced to deal with the possibility of a visit to Germany by the Iranian president. Mexico beat Iran 3-1. I watched the game Holland -Serbia/Montenegro ( 1-0 ) in a cafe in Tel Aviv. Though I am not a sports fan I thought it might be a good idea to write an article about a group of Dutch soccer fans coming together - dressed in orange, of course - in the heart of Tel Aviv to watch all games of the Dutch team. The article will appear in the next issue of the Dutch-Jewish weekly NIW. I must say that I had a very good time. Here are some pictures.
In the middle you can see Liesbeth van Oorschot, the teacher at the Dutch school in Tel Aviv
What we need is total consentwation ( quote taken from Kentucky Fried Movie )
A missed chance, apparently
Bert Knot and Matthew Reijnders, resp. founder and active member of the Dutch Forum, who organized the gathering
Ofir, the chef ( I inadvertently asked if he was the cook ) of Cafe-Bistro Dinitz
Cafe Dinitz, Gruzenberg Street 20 ( corner of Nahalat Binyamin Street ), yesterday afternoon

No comments: