Thursday, July 13, 2006

While I was writing an article for a Dutch newspaper we heard that Haifa was hit by a rocket. I went downstairs, we immediately took our children out of bed, put their mattresses on the floor in the concrete playroom/safety room and prepared that room for the night. I took my laptop plus backups of all my research downstairs. The article, very appropriately , will be finished in the safety room. Good night. I am sure that it is better to be in and around Haifa than to live in Beirut or any other place in Lebanon right now. To be honest, I feel sorry for the civilians there, but at the moment all I care about is the safety of my own family, and I hope that the IAF/IDF succeeds very soon in making our lives normal again, even if that is at the expense of the people on the other side of the border.

No comments: