Sunday, September 10, 2006

On the eve of the fifth 'anniversary' of the terror attacks that killed over 3,000 people in New York, Washington DC and Shanksville, PA, I was zapping and came across the BBC Prime channel, where I watched Michael Palin stay in a boat-hotel on a beautiful lake in a region that has had its share of religious-political terror, Kashmir. In this episode of his journey across the Himalaya, the world's greatest mountain range, Michael Palin also visits Shimla, the summer capital of the British Empire in India, and talks with the Dalai Lama and with other Tibetians who live in exile in northern India . I am not a globetrotter but I love to watch Mr Palin on his journeys. When I see and hear him I could almost believe that traveling to exotic places is fun :-)

No comments: