Friday, February 16, 2007

Yesterday I read this article on the website of Ha'Aretz, which said "French President Jacques Chirac has announced his support for lessening pressure on Iran to stop its nuclear program, for fear Hezbollah will strike at French troops serving in Lebanon, according to information recently received in Jerusalem. According to reports, Chirac proposed sending a special envoy to Tehran to reach understandings that would protect the French soldiers serving in in the United Nations Interim Forces in Lebanon (UNIFIL)." I have nothing against France and the French, on the contrary, and I know that many of France's soldiers were and are brave and very professional men and women, but I must say that the country sometimes gives the impression of being one of the least trustworthy Western allies. Looking for anti-French cartoons and jokes I came across this webpage, where the above composite pictures made me smile, no matter how hoary they are.

No comments: