Thursday, June 21, 2007

This seems to be a good idea: yet another rightwing party. While I consider myself leftwing on many issues I would not mind if this country elected a rightwing leader, if such a leader offered a serious perspective of hope and security. Unfortunately the Israeli Right consists mainly of religious fanatics and secular bigots who are just as corrupt as any other politician. Bibi Nethanyahu is the most reasonable alternative on the Right. And as much as I admire his rhetorical skills, I certainly do not agree with most of his views. Therefore I do not mind if the political Right becomes even more fragmented than it already is. The more rightwing parties the merrier. If only the Left could get its act together and start getting organized, united and focused on finding viable, realistic solutions for the dangers and other problems that we face.

No comments: