Friday, February 29, 2008

As has happened a number of times in the last year or so, right after I found time to write that I will not have time to blog a lot, I read something that angered me so much that I made time to write about it. At the conference in Jerusalem the MEMRI chairman showed us some examples of very young Muslim children being poisoned with anti-Semitism in television shows from all over the Arab world. Maybe that triggered my anger when I read about the Egyptian boycott. I should say something about the events and developments in Gaza and Southern Israel as well, but things are so dynamic and depressing over there that I cannot think of any short comment that can do justice to all the victims. Except that it goes without saying that I identify with all the people on the Israeli side of the Gaza border, that I feel sorry for ordinary Palestinians on the other side of that border, and that hearing about Israeli and Palestinian civilians - men, women, and above all children - being killed, wounded and traumatized makes me feel sad, furious and frustrated. Well, I suppose you get the point: don't hold your breath until the next posting, but don't expect a total blogbreak either. Shabbat shalom.

No comments: