Saturday, April 12, 2008

O.k., I am not a big soccer fan, and I really do not know very much about Israeli soccer. Also, I do not have anything against Germans in general or against German soccer players in particular, even when the latter play against the Dutch team. I simply do not care enough about ( this particular ) sport. Still, when a friend of mine wrote me that former Mannschaft-captain Lothar "I hope we have a little bit lucky" Matthaeus will be the manager of Maccabi Nethanya for the next two seasons, I could not help thinking: "Yes well, forgive and forget, Major... God knows how, the bastards.", and: "Oh, you're German! I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you." I do not think that many Maccabi Nethanya players or fans are familiar with the prejudices of Basil Fawlty, though.

No comments: