Monday, November 24, 2008

Canto Ostinato

Right now I am reading and writing about the Jews in Belgium, the Netherlands and France immediately after the Holocaust, and listening to this composition, performed by Polo de Haas and Kees Wieringa. I came to appreciate this music - which drove me crazy when I heard it for the first time, about ten years ago - by listening to several versions that I found on YouTube, among which the one that I posted here. The beautiful CD I received today in a packet sent by my brother and sister-in-law. It was a belated ( or rather extra: I understood that the wonderful dinner that I had with the two of them in Amsterdam about two months ago was my birthday gift, two months after my birthday ) birthday present, sent together with (birthday) presents for our two sons and our daughter ( 4 boxes of Playmobil and a book by Eric Carle ). Thank you very much, EJ and N.

No comments: