Monday, January 12, 2009

Just a flesh wound

When I hear the defiance of some of the Hamas leaders ( i.e. those in Damascus, they can afford to be defiant, while their colleagues in Gaza are tracked down and hide underground, in mosques, and in hospitals, behind women and children ), they remind me of the Black Knight in this famous scene of Monthy Python ( not that I recognize the IDF in Graham Chapman's role ). I have the impression that this war - or rather, this battle, part of a bigger war that saw a big battle in the summer of 2006 and might see a much bigger one in the near future, unless Iran is reigned in by international pressure, which I doubt will happen - will be over pretty soon. I can already imagine the way in which Hamas will summarize the end result: "All right, we'll call it a draw."

No comments: