Saturday, March 07, 2009

Bomb squad

About half an hour ago our street ( quiet, especially on a Saturday ) was cordoned off by police cars, three houses away from our house. We heard loudspeakers instructing people to go inside and close the windows, so we assumed it must be a suspicious object, also because when I closed our windows and shutters - it is very hot today, so everything was open - I saw what looked like a bomb squad vehicle right behind the police cars. Our assumptions proved to be correct, five minutes ago we heard to controled explosions, which were very quiet, they did not wake up our youngest son. It has been quite a while since I last witnessed a suspicious-object-drill, and this was the first time that it took place in my street. Enough excitement for the day, back to the e-mail that I was writing. Shabbat shalom.

No comments: