Sunday, September 13, 2009

" I will not accept the status quo as a solution "

For us in Europe and Israel it is difficult to fully understand and appreciate the ongoing public debate about health care reform that is going on in America these days. If I was an American, I most probably would fully support my President on this issue. Last week, once again I was impressed with a speech by Mr Obama. Hopefully, pretty soon he will deliver a similar speech on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. In such a speech, he could absolutely recycle the following lines from last week's address: "I won't stand by while the special interests use the same old tactics to keep things exactly the way they are. If you misrepresent what's in this plan, we will call you out. And I will not accept the status quo as a solution. Not this time; not now. "

No comments: