Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sugar...., oh honey, honey...

It is a shame that this picture cannot transfer the scent of our kitchen right now. These three honeycakes, for Rosh HaShanah tomorrow, I just took out of the oven. I used my mother's recipe for a regular cake ( very, very easy to make, with lots of variation possibilities ), replaced half of the amount of sugar with more or less the same amount of honey, and added mixed spices ( for speculaas ). The cake is delicious ( the other day our daughter and I already made two cakes for her to take to school this morning ), it takes less than 15 minutes to make, plus about 45 minutes in the oven. If you want to have the recipe you will have to send me an e-mail. I would post it here, if I was not afraid of the health police ;-) Hag Sameah!

No comments: