Wednesday, May 12, 2010


When I checked my e-mails, I thought I'd have a quick look at the headlines. I then found out that a Libyan Airbus A330 airplane had crashed near Tripoli, and that more than half of the 100+ victims are Dutch. May they rest in peace. Identification teams will probably be sent out to Libia. One young boy miraculously survived the crash. Until further notice, the political campaigns for the parliamentary elections on 9 June have been put on hold. For some reason, unknown to me, the Twitter messages by Dutch celebrities ( several of the names are totally unknown to be, but that is probably my fault, not theirs ) about this disaster 'received' a whole article on the website of the largest Dutch daily. That newspaper will come out with a special free edition tomorrow ( Ascension Day ).

No comments: