Monday, May 31, 2010

Lisa's Back in Business

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lisa Goldman has been blogging again recently. At least one sane ( i.e. leftwing Zionist, the majority of Israel-based bloggers is or has become pretty rightwing ) voice is back in business. Twice I had the pleasure to have breakfast with Lisa in Tel Aviv, and a few times I asked her for advice. She and I agree on many things, I got the impression. Lisa writes very well, has outspoken and clear views on much of what is going on here. Unlike me, she writes for a living and has time to write extensively about what amazes and annoys her. For example the wonderful work done by Israel's Government Press Office, headed by Danny Seaman. She also has written about the Free Gaza flotilla ( now there's a word that English speakers and learners who follow the Israel-related news will not forget easily ), and I am pretty sure that she will write more on the subject. I don't have the time and/or the patience to write about anything right now, although I feel an article in Dutch coming up.

No comments: