Monday, June 14, 2010

2-0

Cafe Paradiso, Gruzenberg 20, Tel Aviv, this afternoon (right before the game started)
Azrieli Towers, Tel Aviv, this afternoon (about an hour before the game started)
Today I had a good time with two of our three children. All three of them had received a so-called Brulshirt (roar-shirt) plus a small orange flag and orange whistles from my father and siblings in Holland, so we went to cafe Paradiso in the heart of Tel Aviv, to watch the first game of the Dutch soccer team in the World Championship with members of the Dutch Forum. That is, my son and daughter watched the game, while I sat outside, had two cool Pepsis, chat with some locals, and read several chapters in a John Grisham book (not his best, I am afraid). I was inside the cafe for less than ten minutes, then it became too crowded and hectic for me. Afterwards, we went to Chiko and Diko, as far as I know the only 'magic shop' in Israel (Allenby Street 138), to buy two new magic tricks. Our son (the lion on the left in the second picture, the other one is our daughter) really, really loves magic and magicians.

2 comments:

Inaie said...

The t shirts are just great, but I am afraid Brazil will win the World Cup once again, so enjoy while the fun last!!

www.inaier.blogspot.com

Bert said...

It is great fun reading this comment more than a week since the Netherlands lost the final to Spain, after Holland beat Brazil 2:1 in the quarter finals ;-)