Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chava sings about Chaya z"l

This is at least the fourth time that I write about this song ( a poem by Binem Heller z"l about his sister Chaya z"l, who was murdered by the Nazis and their helpers; in Hebrew her name means 'alive' ) on my blog. Almost every time I hear it I get tears in my eyes, for me it remains one of the most powerful songs about the Shoah. I found this beautiful live rendition by Chava Alberstein and the Klezmatics on Dailymotion, a website that I did not know until 20 minutes ago. I post the song once again, two days after the international Holocaust Memorial Day. It goes without saying that for many people here in Israel every day is Holocaust Memorial Day.
Chava Alberstein - Mayn Shvester Khaye (Berlin, 2001) Uploaded by Athenaios. - See the latest featured music videos.

No comments: