Sunday, May 01, 2011

I wonder...

If you read this weblog once in a while you know that I am not one of those who is always complaining how unfairly Israel is being treated by international bodies and the worldwide media. Much of that unfairness Israel brings upon itself, by not having any clear policy and by doing things that simply can't be 'sold'. Also, I think I support the international actions against the regime of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi. Still, I could not help wondering what would have happened if not NATO, but Israel, had done this. As far as I know, Gaddafi-Libya has not hurt or threatened any citizen of any NATO state recently (unlike Hamas-Gaza/Hezbollah-Lebanon vis-a-vis Israel), and yet, NATO planes have been killing innocent Libyan civilians for several weeks now, and I don't see massive demonstrations in the streets of Europe.

No comments: