Friday, September 09, 2011

Woooow!



Our son and I just returned home from one of the best shows that I have seen in my whole life. I have been a Riverdance fan for about ten years now. That is, I like the music and love to watch the DVDs (I have the CD and the 10th anniversary double DVD, plus, since today, the Live in Beijing DVD). Finally I had the chance to see the live show. They are in Israel for a number of concerts, after which most of the cast members continue to South Africa. The show in Haifa (the early one today) was amazing. So much talent, so much beauty on such a small stage! When I saw the stage I wondered how the dancers would manage, but it worked very well. The band and the cast were smaller than the ones that I know from the DVDs, some of the music was recorded, and there were no Russian dancers, but that did not make the show less exciting, or the (small, unfortunately) audience less enthusiastic. For two hours I really forgot about the mess Israel has been in for so long (a mess that appears to be getting worse by the day), about work and everything else, simply enjoying what my eyes saw and my ears heard. Thanks a million to a wonderful - and wonderfully talented - cast and production team! Go raibh maith agaibh!

No comments: