Wednesday, April 04, 2012


Personally I have serious doubts about (the visible and audible parts of) Prime Minister Netanyahu's policy towards Iran (see some of my recent articles in Dutch), I sincerely hope that Iran's nuclear aramament program can be stopped more or less peacefully, and I am somehow afraid that the Israeli government might decide to attack Iran at the wrong time, in the wrong way, and for the wrong reasons. Nevertheless, I believe that Mr. Guenter Grass should have thought twice before he verbally attacked Israel. It is only a matter of time before online commenters and others will start accusing him of taking sides with his fellow-Aryans against us bloody Jews. After all, only six years ago did this man reveal that he had been a member of the Waffen SS towards the end of the war. As Joachim Fest stated in 2006, "After 60 years, this confession comes a bit too late. I can't understand how someone who for decades set himself up as a moral authority, a rather smug one, could pull this off." Isn't it telling that of all the trouble(-maker)s in the world today this octogenarian had to pick out the Jewish state?

No comments: