Wednesday, May 30, 2012


I find this a moving story. In no way am I a 'militant' person, I know that it in certain circles in Europe and elsewhere in the West it is en vogue to ridicule and critize the military (which has to be viewed and checked with a critical eye when- and wherever necessary, don't get me wrong), and I am aware of the fact that no Western army consists solely or even mainly of pure saints or serves only lofty goals, but I know how to appreciate the often difficult and not always pleasant job that American, Israeli, and other soldiers (no, I don't mean members of the Syrian, North-Korean, Chinese etc. military) do every day and night. And yes, I do believe that those soldiers risk and often sacrifice their lives for your and my freedom, no matter how much of a cliché that phrase has become.

No comments: