Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Final Countdown



If you agree with the adagium "How do you know a politician is lying? His lips are moving!" (and I do, usually), I think you can conclude from this that it is not a matter of if but when Israel will attack Iran. Unfortunately, the worst that can happen to a politician is that he (or she) will be voted out of office (and return after the people have forgotten his foolhardiness, corruption, mistakes, lack of vision, etc.). On the other hand, the professionals AND the people will pay the price for the politicians' ambitions, blindness, stupidity, stubbornness, and so on, and so on. If it is true that a people gets the leaders it deserves, I feel really sorry for the Israelis, almost as sorry as I feel for the Syrians, the Palestinians (in both the Westbank and Gaza), the North-Koreans, and the Iranians.

1 comment:

Bert said...

As you have proven more than once, your reading comprehension skills leave something to be desired. Read carefully and you will see that I do not make the equation that you say I make. Which turns your comment into a fallacy :-)