Sunday, December 16, 2012

Impressive, Moving, and Convincing


Whenever I look at the pictures of and read about the youngest victims of the mass murder at the Connecticut elementary school I can't help thinking of our youngest son, who also started first grade a few months ago. Now that we know that the young, apparently mentally ill murderer probably learnt how to shoot from his mother, who was an avid weapons collector, and that the weapons he used were legally owned by his mother, it would be inconceivable not to talk about stricter gun laws in the US after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary. Still, of all that I have read about that massacre, what struck me the most is this impressive, moving, and convincing article, in which a mother points at an aspect of this crime that has not yet received the attention that it deserves. What immediately had me reading the piece was its title: "I am Adam Lanza's Mother".

No comments: